Wednesday

Coconut Oil - Try it, you love it

If you are old enough to remember Mikey, cereal cute little kid who does not want to eat it (OK, I do not remember which cereal), you'll remember his saying "Try it, Mikey! You will love it! "I would say the same thing to you about oil.I not like coconut oil. I avoid foods that contain oil, so why would I try coconut oil? This is a very short story. I was having dinner with a friend with a few pieces of steak fried in the pan. He also served on brown rice and fresh vegetables, and looks inviting and healthy eating. "! This is the best steak I've ever had "At that time I did not know how he prepares steak, and I cried the first bite, To my surprise, he told me his secret - he cooks almost exclusively on coconut oil instead of butter, olive oil or vegetable oil. If I had known that in advance I probably would have passed steak.I glad I did not. Since I had the chicken, pork, vegetables and (confession time) oil.

Coconut even hot dogs sautéed in coconut oil is very light and adds bright flavor to everything that I used. And, the biggest surprise of all, because she knew about the cereal Mikey, this is one of the healthier oils can use.For thousands of years, coconut oil has been a staple in the tropical Pacific and the islanders. Even eating a high-fat diet, the population has long been known to have very low rates of heart disease and cancer. Some believe a diet high in fish is the reason, and may be contributory, but scientists have long treated lipid both know that coconut oil is a big factor, as well.

Why, then made corn and soybean oil primary commodities in America? Obviously, we grow more corn and soybeans from the coconut. And in 1950 and 1960, the agricultural industry lobbied hard to win the cooking oil market. Some people say that their success has come at the expense of American health care, and a major contributor to obesity problem.Cattle day old farmers know corn and soybeans to fatten cattle faster than other other other types of feed. Later it was found that the oil in the diet affects the thyroid gland and slow metabolism, causing weight gain. So what happens to people when they eat corn-fed meat, or cooking with vegetable oil, or eat some foods that contain hydrogenated oils or plant species? Does not take a genius to make connection.Now here is the most difficult thing to accept: Coconut oil contains high amounts of saturated fat. But saturated fats are not bad for us? 

That is what we have heard over the years. But is this true? In 1960 the American Soybean Association launch the media spotlight in the tropical oil industry. You can not blame them. Palm oil and soybean farmers protect their territory from the latest smugglers. Their message is: highly saturated oils such as coconut oil and palm oil are bad, good soybean oil. At that time, some highly respected scientists - George Blackburn, Ph.D., of Harvard Medical School, Maria G. Enig, Ph.D., of the University of Maryland, and the U.S. Surgeon General E. Everett Koop, among others - trying to straighten out. They know that coconut oil is healthy, but the industry out.Not Soy won all saturated fats are created equal, and I do not support a diet high in saturated fat. However, my eyes were opened to non-fat information. After all, low-fat diet to solve the obesity problem in America? I encourage you to do your own research on coconut oil and decide for yourself if this is something that makes excellent food can be healthy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment