Thursday

Colorado Woman Spots Stolen Bike on Craigslist, Steals it Back

A Colorado woman took matters into their own hands when his bike was stolen from outside Boulder sports bar. That tracks your stolen bike on Craigslist, posing as buyers interested in theft and recover his own motorcycle.

Kathryn Lucas, 25, parked his bike outside a bar where we went to see a football game at the University of Colorado on the night of October 4, according to ABC News affiliate KMGH Denver.

When he left the bar to go home, he found that his black Trek 1.2 road bike is gone. After filing a police report, he and his roommate began searching Craigslist to see if the thief tried to sell the bike.

In fact, he found a message with a picture of your bike. He immediately identified the red bicycle handlebar tape and water bottle holder.

Lucas responded to a Craigslist ad, posing as an interested buyer. Minutes later, the person using the name "Lance Robinson", responded with a phone number and told him that he can send text to your address.

On Sunday, he went to his apartment complex and asked if I could try cycling.

"I started riding a bike and know it, so I went on horseback," Lucas told KMGH. "I got my car and then threw it in my car and then left."

Lucas said he has no plans to leave the bike again, but took advantage of opportunities and make decisions stimulus-de-la-time.

"They are bigger than I thought they were," says Luke. "I think it would be like a little man who stole a bike and I was like, 'Hey, I call the police and my bike and try to sell me", but led me to travel and go with it. "

Having recovered his bicycle, call the police and give them the address of the thief. "Lance Robinson" Denzel O'Neal turns 18 Crawford, who had no criminal record.

Crawford was arrested, admitted to stealing a bicycle and was released on bail. Police also said that although his recovery was successful mission, not a tactic they recommend, according to KMGH.

"They told me for future reference I would not, you can do it themselves," said Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment